Holly House is a children’s home that is owned by the Hennessy Group. It is a large, detached House with 4 bedrooms based in Shildon, Durham. It is a specialist home that provides a service to support children and young people aged from 8 to 18 years old.
About Holly House
Holly House is a children’s home which is owned by the Hennessy Group. It is a large, detached House with 4 bedrooms based in Shildon, Durham. It is a specialist home that provides a service to support children and young people aged from 8 to 18 years old of both sexes who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties, including mental health difficulties and dual diagnosis learning difficulties and disabilities.
Holly House provides support for long term outreach care (in some cases) and emergency/accelerated admissions dependent upon compatibility and suitable space within the home.
Children and young people will be deemed suitable to reside together following completion of a comprehensive compatibility risk assessment. Holly House’s Management have an excellent reputation in the development and progress of complex children who have challenged the service previously.
Holly House is in a suburb of Durham. The home is conveniently situated near the local community and offers a wide range of facilities which children and young people can access, the home is close to good bus links, and a short drive from major motorways.
Holly house has its own equestrian facilities, including stables, barns, land, and equestrian riding arena.
We will have a qualified equestrian manager and stable grooms to support all the young people Hennessy Group supports with equine therapy, stable management, and riding lessons. We aim to open this up to the local authority to support the young people of Durham to access equestrian facilities and therapy.
Our Aims and Objectives at Holly House
Our aims and objectives at Holly House are to provide a safe, warm and nurturing environment with a high standard of care and accommodation for children. Ensuring excellent delivery of care. Specifically, we at Holly House aim to:
- Provide a physically safe and comfortable place to live and to safeguard and promote the welfare of each child.
- Provide consistent and reliable staff, modelling and ‘good parenting’ to support and encourage children within our care.
- Ensure that all the key developmental areas of health, education, emotional and behavioural development, family and social relationships, identity, self-care, and social presentation are addressed in the planning for each child.
- Listen to and respond to children’s concerns and encourage them to express their views and opinions. Ensure each child’s rights and individual needs are respected.
- Facilitate positive experiences and constructive use of free time. Encourage children to participate in social and leisure activities.
- Encourage children to plan and work together towards household decisions regarding activities, decoration of the house, purchase of equipment, house rules and sanctions etc.
- Work towards positive outcomes with children, their parents, carers social workers and relevant others.
- Facilitate contact between the children and their family, friends and other relevant people.
- Welcome visitors to the home.
- Work in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.